Spirited II (Edition 2)
Spirited II, captures the human spirit in the face of life’s adversities. Symbolism embedded in subject’s cloak speaks of strength and struggle. The design form is inspired by Chinese folk art of paper cutting. Using traditional printmaking technique, the design was carved into lino and printed on an etching press.
- Image size, print area: 40 x 40 cm or “ x “
- Paper Size: 50 x 60 cm or “ x “
- Paper: Khadi Bhutanese natural pink is beautiful artists’ handmade paper from Bhutan made from the inner of bark. This paper is dyed a pinkish raw sienna colour using natural dye extracted from the Bhutanese Blue Pine. At 60 gsm, the paper has a fine silk like quality.
- All prints come unmounted
- Pictured frame not included.
- Inks: caligo umber relief ink
- Editions: 35
- Each artwork is signed and editioned on the bottom of the image
- This artwork can be paired with the print Spirited I, see below for suggestion.
The nature of the printmaking means each artwork is unique in ink intensity and placement. No two prints are the ever the same, which adds to the charm of printmaking. Find out more about the printmaking process and technique on my blog.
Choosing handmade artwork
Package, Postage & Shipping
Exchanges, Return & Refunds
- The charm of the printmaking process is that no two prints are ever the same. Each will have its unique characteristics depending on the pressure of the press, the intensity of ink and marks on the paper, even within limited edition print runs. Please bear this mind when comparing your print to the pictured artwork on this website.
- Every care is taken when photographing and preparing the image reproductions for display on this website, however, in some instances the colour you see on screen may noy be the exact representation of the actual artwork. Please bear this in mind upon receiving your order.
- Aftercare: Please display artwork away from direct sunlight and moist conditions.